Research ideas, reports about Kentucky

Monday, May 08, 2006

Holly Bay, Laurel River Lake

Holly Bay
Laurel River Lake
By Veronica
KyLakes.com - Laurel Lake
In the 1960’s congress authorized construction of a dam to be built on the laurel river. In December of 1964, the Army Corps of engineers began construction.The dam created a 5,600 acre lake, it was completed and began to produce electricity in 1977. Laurel River Lake has a 200 mile shoreline and is located in the Daniel Boone Forest.
Laurel River Lake has two class A camp grounds, Holly Bay and Grove.
I have been camping with my family at the Holly Bay campground. I thought it was a very clean and beautiful place ,we especially loved the water it was so crystal clear everyone was amazed by it. We stayed 3 nights and 4 days and it is a memory that we will all remember, Because as time moves forward your family moves forward also,my children are 22,20,17 now, and they are all three busy with school and work and their personal interests. It is a little trip to a beautiful place that we will remember.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan Taylor said...

I myself love the area and have camped in the forest. My dad purchased land in Baldrock and setup camp spots. Family and friends vacation to the area often. Camping, boating, 4-wheeling, hunting, fishing and much more. Much of the area still is the way it was hundreds of years ago. Mother nature sure shows off beauty in all seasons. Home away from home.

1:02 PM

 
Blogger Nathan Taylor said...

I myself have camped in the area since the 1980's. My dad has purchased property in Baldrock and has setup camp spots. Family and friends of ours spend as much time as we can in the area. Camping, boating, hunting, fishing, 4-wheeling, and much more. We love it. Home away from home.

1:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home